APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What will Apple do with the Macintosh?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: What will Apple do with the Macintosh?
on Apr 29, 2013 at 5:55:42 am

[Aindreas Gallagher] "fwiw - according to Phillip Hodgetts - there are twenty people left in Pro Apps."

Which is fine. As I've often said, if it take one woman 9 months to have a baby, how long should it take 2 women?

The size of the team of coders is important if you're trying to be all things to all users - since you have to write and adapt code all over hell and back to keep the zilion rooms you've created in order and interacting.

If you've got a nice tight app like X, you just add well-conceived modules (like their multicam implementation from 10.0.3) and leave the rest of the suite largely intact.

All I'm hoping for is a couple of geniuses working on something useful in the audio module. Maybe something useful in extra color grading hooks, a nice set of I/O calls so that multiple users can make it a little more a "team sport" for the larger shops - then a LOT of work in database I/O so that X increasingly talks to and from the outside world like any smart database should.

Get that modest list done, and I'll be delirious for the rest of my career.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]