APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What will Apple do with the Macintosh?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brett Sherman
Re: What will Apple do with the Macintosh?
on Apr 28, 2013 at 6:28:51 pm

[Dennis Radeke] "$1M a year isn't big enough for a multi-billion dollar a year company to get involved with. Extrapolate for a company the size of Apple..."

So Apple's sucess is actually a detriment? Brilliant. Allow me to be skeptical with someone who has a vested interest in Apple abandoning the pro market with no inside information.

I just don't see it this way. To me Apple's success means they don't have to worry about losing a small bit of money on the Mac Pro market.

There is a hardware ecosystem to support software. Besides the fact that Tim Cook has said they are not abandoning the pro market. I think Apple's smart enough to know if there isn't pro level hardware, their software will not achieve pro level status. This is true of Logic as well as FCP X. So while it may not be a huge profit maker if at all, it is a market that Apple has to support if they want to their software to be seen as professional. Not to mention they would probably prefer users of Adobe products to stay on the Mac so they could at least buy FCP X even if they don't end up using it regularly.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]