APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple hardware Q4 and 2014

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bernard Newnham
Re: Apple hardware Q4 and 2014
on Apr 26, 2013 at 9:17:12 am

Surely Apple is now an iGadget company, and almost not a computer maker at all. Their huge profits are made by iPhones, and the huge drop in their share price is based on Samsung now beating them in sales. Having set themselves on this course, they have to keep introducing new sorts of iToys, otherwise investors will take their cash elsewhere - an iPhone X just won't cut it. I'm still betting on 2015 as a crunch point - and also holding on to my ARM shares.

With their cash mountain they could have just kept churning out new model MacPros every few months if they'd wanted to. They are, after all, just PCs running a different operating system. Apple don't want to make PCs any more, so they aren't, apart from the high margin pretty toys that don't expand without new technology which isn't - and may never be - well supported in the industry outside Apple. Just like Firewire 800 was(n't).

If I was a psychology student, I'd ask the Cow for a complete listing of this forum over the past two years - it's been amazing watching the hopes, fears and aspirations, which seem to have really reached a close now, as most seem to be migrating to Premiere Pro. Probably, very quietly, they're picking the PC based version, since they can have new expandable gear whenever they wish.

Bernie

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]