APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Could Creative Cloud discourage plugin developers from embracing Premiere?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dennis Radeke
Re: Could Creative Cloud discourage plugin developers from embracing Premiere?
on Apr 17, 2013 at 12:19:22 pm

[Craig Shields] "You mentioned Noise Industries. Will they have that AE-like work around for transitions with the new version of Premiere?"

You bring up an issue that I knew I was going to respond to. Or at least, I'm answering what I think you're getting at - let me know!

Essentially, this is where the plugin vendors have to step up and I would appreciate the community helping out by contacting their vendors and letting them know they want this.

In order to have an instance of an effect manifest itself as a 'transition' inside of Premiere Pro, the plugin vendors have to do a little extra work. Up until now, they have been content to do the work for After Effects and then say 'it's Premiere Pro compatible' which is true. We make our architecture such that if you do the work for AE, it will likely work in Premiere Pro as well. However, as more and more people switch to Premiere Pro, users want the effects (or some of them) as transitions. In order for them to do that, they need to do a little extra work. This functionality has existed in the Premiere Pro SDK for some time and we have resources to help plugin manufacturers get answers to any questions they may have.

More of them are doing it and new plugins have had no issues making this happen. Film Impact has been one example that I have pointed to in the past.

Cheers.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]