APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Could Creative Cloud discourage plugin developers from embracing Premiere?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Dobson
Re: Could Creative Cloud discourage plugin developers from embracing Premiere?
on Apr 16, 2013 at 5:53:03 pm

[Oliver Peters] "his argument has at least been a problem for the plug-in developers of FCP X. Lots of folks buying $10-$50 plug-ins for X. Not that many buying full versions of FxF Pro, BCC or Sapphire for X. Filmlight specifically told me X users have baulked at paying $1K when the host was only $300."

The thing is - it all builds up, all these small bespoke plugins to do specific little jobs and I think that without buying any huge packages that I probably spent between $2K to $2.5K on plugins for FCPX.

One of the more expensive is Magic Bullet Looks which I used to use painfully in FCP7 because of its secondary correction capability but I've hardly used it at all since purchasing for FCPX, firstly because initially it was really buggy and secondly because it only deal with a setting for one frame for each clip, no key frames which is pretty limiting.

A lot of these also have versions for Premiere, but these NLEs are pretty self contained nowadays enabling basic FX to be done in App.

The time to have got Premiere was when FCPX came out - they were offering some excellent transition deals from FCP7. I'm not about to sign up for the cloud. I just researched getting the new photoshop and whilst initially attractive to pay $20 a month ( roughly ) at the end of 3 years I could lease purchased the product but am still committed to paying Ad infinitum, which is nice business model for adobe and not so great for it's customers however they spin it.

I suppose, probably naively, anyone who bought plugins for Premiere would be able to transfer the licence over to FCPX should they want to jump ship.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]