APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Call me crazy if you want... but I know an imminent extinction when I see one. :)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Call me crazy if you want... but I know an imminent extinction when I see one. :)
on Apr 13, 2013 at 12:42:56 pm

[Joseph Owens] "I also don't understand the enthusiasm for Speedgrade. Seems kind of dead in the water. I even went back over to some of the booths that were still running Resolve 9 and amazingly, even it felt a little bit clunky compared to the 10 release... so I will be bailing on 9, the second 10 is released.

And although I own Creative Suite, its very unlikely that Speedgrade will ever even be booted on my system. One issue is the Blackmagic non-support for Video I/O, but really, even the somewhat enthusiastic show floor demo was ??????? uh.... that's it?????? Not even "meh".... it can aspire to "meh.""

It has certainly been a slow uptake.

How many video pros so you know has the $4,000 nvidia daughter card to properly run SpeedGrade?

I know exactly zero.

But that being said, I've kept my eye on it, and Adobe is working hard at it.

There are many things I like about it, functionally as a grading system, and some areas (like import and export!) need some help.

I see that Adobe is taking steps to get SpeedGrade connected in to the suite.

I'm sure it will only get better.

Resolve 10 sounds good too.

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]