APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Adobe Anywhere

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nicholas Kleczewski
Re: Adobe Anywhere
on Apr 12, 2013 at 3:18:10 pm

I got to demo it pretty extensively and got kind of lucky as the made woman demoing had to step away so actually one of the lead engineers on the team did it for me instead. He wasn't a good presenter but he clearly knew everything going on under the hood so I asked what I could.

First of all, it was very impressive, everything ran butter smooth and you didn't get any noticeable artifacting in the footage unless you were skimming very fast, but it was totally tolerable.

I asked the basic question, so am I basically just looking at an h.264 feed of my footage here, sort of like OnLive is for video gaming? He wouldn't commit to say it was specifically h.264, but he did talk about how its an Iframe codec being used. He noted this being important so they could keep the quality up, but also will require Up bandwidth to be fairly solid (which is where most people's bottlenecks really are). But they are already working on a Long Gop version of Anywhere that will allow much broader connection types to take full advantage but the engineering challenges of streaming long gop in real time with frame accuracy to an editors skimming desires is a huge challenge.

They haven't posted any minimum internet speed requirements yet, or price. They said they literally haven't even figured out yet what it should cost.

The demo they had was streaming footage from their systems near or in San Francisco.

Director, Editor, Colorist
http://www.trsociety.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]