APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Call me crazy if you want... but I know an imminent extinction when I see one. :)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charlie Austin
Re: Call me crazy if you want... but I know an imminent extinction when I see one. :)
on Apr 10, 2013 at 7:35:16 pm

[Brent Cook] "FCPX is my NLE of choice right now (remains to be seen if this is a good decision) and as a new editor I'm trying to absorb as much as can specific to that before I learn other software."

As an old editor, ;-) I'd suggest learning as much software as you can. X and PP are inexpensive, and even MC is approaching affordability. Not only does it make you more "valuable" as an editor, but it also gives you a truly informed way to make a decision as to what you prefer. Opinions help, but the "opinionaters" may not have the same needs and preferences as you. For me, the more I use other NLE's, the more I prefer X. Clearly there are opposing views, but my decision is based on actual, real world use of the other options.

At the very least, you should get all the free trials of other apps and get to know them.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]