APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Call me crazy if you want... but I know an imminent extinction when I see one. :)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Call me crazy if you want... but I know an imminent extinction when I see one. :)
on Apr 10, 2013 at 4:19:14 pm

[Sandeep Sajeev] "What are you finishing on at the moment Jeremy?"

Still using Color if you can believe it, audio out to ProTools.

I like Resolve, and it goes well with FCPX, but I have to use a Blackmagic device.

If there was Thunderbolt on all of my computers, I'd buy a cheap Thunderbolt monitoring device and do it in a heartbeat, but alas, there's only pesky PCIe for now and those are filled with AJA. :)

Finishing in Adobe gets me to all different kinds of tools, including an NLE if I need to make tweaks.

It will be more work to get to the Creative Suite, but I'm hoping I can make it sing.

I have let the notion of Smoke go, yes. It is an amazing application, but it's not right for what we need. It's a bit too much compositing, not enough finishing for our particular jobs. Plus, I find the edit operations to be a bit funky, and this is coming from someone who likes funky operations.

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]