APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Call me crazy if you want... but I know an imminent extinction when I see one. :)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter Soyka
Re: Call me crazy if you want... but I know an imminent extinction when I see one. :)
on Apr 10, 2013 at 3:59:50 pm

[Brent Cook] "Really. I'm trying to figure out why all this PP talk is here instead of in the...I don't know...PP forum perhaps? I'm not anti-PP at all (in fact I plan on learning it) but I come here to read about FCPX."

Brent, there is some ongoing discussion in the Premiere Pro forum as well.

This forum is named "FCPX or Not: The Debate,", so although FCPX is the only NLE in the name, many here argue that everyone else falls under "or not." Avid, Adobe, Autodesk, EditShare -- all the NLE developers seem to get some discussion time here. This is about the only place on the COW where software is discussed broadly and comparatively; the other forums tend to be more narrowly focused on the issues of actually using specific pieces of software.

In other words, what may count as noise in other forums is signal here.

Personally, I think that discussions about Premiere are relevant in a forum that exists to compare NLEs.

If you only want to hear more about using FCPX exclusively, try the FCPX Techniques forum [link]. There's plenty of pretty high-quality discussion about the software there.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]