APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple to launch new PR campaign for FCPX leading up to NAB.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Helmut Kobler
Re: Apple to launch new PR campaign for FCPX leading up to NAB.
on Mar 29, 2013 at 12:28:01 am

I wasn't at the meet, but I watched extensive video of it, and I certainly remember seeing and reading from multiple sources that Randy's presentation received a standing ovation at the end, when the price was revealed.

To get a standing ovation from an audience is rare and a mark of approval. But fast forward two months later to June and hardly anyone was feeling in a "standing ovation" kind of mood. That's when the community in general began hammering Apple. That's when we got the Conan Obrien spoof, the "Apple misfires" articles on CNN, WSJ, etc., the Walter Biscardi post that received 207 replies, the creation of this forum, etc.

All I'm saying is it was June when the sh*t hit the fan for Apple & FCP, not April. I remember hearing a lot of people very enthusiastically talking about the X presentation at NAB, and those people who weren't enthusiastic were largely taking a wait-and-see attitude. But by the ship date in June, the reaction became fierce and angry.

-------------------
Los Angeles Cameraman
Canon C300 (x2), Zeiss CP.2 lenses, P2 Varicam, etc.
http://www.lacameraman.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]