APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple and databases

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Lawrence
Re: Apple and databases
on Mar 28, 2013 at 9:51:14 pm

[Franz Bieberkopf] "I've been very hesitant to dive in on anything large (quite aside from the relinking issue). Any details worth sharing?"

Franz,

It's nothing you don't already know, I was just surprised at easily it reared its ugly head.

My Premiere project management workflow is straightforward. Instead of opening separate tabbed projects like in FCP7, I create a master project and import any source projects I may need. I set up the imported project bins as tabs in a Pr window. It works well enough and in some ways is even an improvement over FCP7's tabs (the Pr tilde key is pure win). So far so good.

So here 's what happened - I was copying clips from a source sequence into my new project sequence. Out of habit, I often cut clips from the source so I only have unused clips remaining. As I'm working I decided I want a clip that I deleted a while ago. In FCP7, I could go back and revert the source project. In PrP, I have to reimport the entire thing. And now I can't delete the reimported project once I get my clip back because the clip is linked to the newly reimported project.

There are many ways I could have avoided this scenario, but when working fast, it's really easy for things like this to happen. Like everyone says, PrP project management has a major case of the stupids. Hope it gets better in a couple weeks.

--dhl

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]