APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor
on Mar 28, 2013 at 4:46:43 am

I agree that the market has certainly changed and expanded. Mobile is where the big growth is while tower usage has shrunk and will continue to until it plateaus to just the people that actually need what towers have to offer. We are heading into a time when phones/tablets are the new laptops, laptops are the new desktops, iMacs are the new towers and towers are the new big iron machines.

Apple's never been in the big iron business so I wouldn't be surprised if the Mac Pro replacement is a 're-imagining' of the what a tower computer could be. It would be inspiring to some, disappointing to others and shocking to all. ThB still being copper (and therefore not fast enough for speedy GPUs) is one thing that makes me think the next Mac Pro might basically stay the same but just get updated guts.

Today a fast tower isn't a halo product for a typical consumer like it was in years past but I still think it is for professional users and aspiring professional users. That brings us back to the big question of the last few years... How much does Apple care about addressing the needs of the pro market?

-Andrew

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]