APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple and databases

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marcus Moore
Re: Apple and databases
on Mar 28, 2013 at 3:58:24 am

[David Lawrence] "Sure, but as you know, this prevents you from being able to do any mixing in context of the overall program. Stepping in and out of CCs is a bag of hurt."

Exactly. And I've often wondered about the an option to play an compound clip "in context" of it's parent timeline. Not as an overall solution to the mixing problem, but just generally as a feature.

[David Lawrence] "Yes, something like that would be great. I just don't see a clean way to do it without making the window the time frame-of-reference."

I agree. It would seem to be "mixing metaphors". The thing is, for most purposes, I find connected clips to be unbelievably more intuitive than what I was doing in 7 (but not for visual organization at present). Of course, there are always exceptions- but I rate those on the scale of the whole. Overall I think the magnetic timeline structure is allowing me to work faster across a whole edit, weighing the pluses to minuses. Audio organization and Mixing is undeniably FCPX's weak point.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]