APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple and databases

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charlie Austin
Re: Apple and databases
on Mar 27, 2013 at 10:04:12 pm

[David Lawrence] "Agreed. I think the "fixed lanes" idea is interesting. But I would go further and allow multiple primaries in a "fixed time" window. If they did that, they could keep everything else the same and it would work for me as well as for you.

Fixed Lanes - or ability to assign a kind of Z order to clips - and grouped Roles would pretty much do everything tracks currently do... for me. If you need to add a crossfade and don't want to use the fade handles you can create secondary's, as you can now. They'd just stick with their group. In a perfect world, Roles become sort of "invisible" compound clips. In other words all clips for a role would stick together as a group, which could be routed to a mixer or FX send/return if needed. Click a "minimize" button and all the visible clips in the "container" would shrink to single, locked in time (compound) clip, but one which could be expanded *in the timeline* it resides in for further editing if needed.

[David Lawrence] "Is there a way to make all connected clips stay put if you want? Something like Shift-tilde? That would make a big difference for me."

That would be a good thing. They should have a role based option to enable/disable connection, like snapping, if you want. This would be handy, especially for music that's all chopped up and thus connected to random "parent" clips. Stuffing it into a CC is a workaround but you have to keep breaking it apart and remaking it to adjust cuts. The imaginary scenario above would also solve that since, once collapsed, the MX role would be locked to time.

Maybe they'll do it. I'm pretty sure FCPX isn't done yet. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]