APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor
on Mar 27, 2013 at 9:51:51 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "But even today, while the current crop of Retina MacBook Pros are fantastic machines, they aren't customizable, "

I was only talking about Apple's towers. The focus of the portable line has been about portability and size rather than shoving tower power into a laptop that weighed a ton and had less than an hour of battery life.

Overall I feel like overall we are closer in POV than not, but sometimes parsing shades of grey on the internet can make mole hill sized differences appear to be mountains.

Basically I think my point is even if Apple never offered "... the fastest, biggest, loudest, most expandable computers..." they offered something close enough that they felt comfortable marketing their towers as the fastest because they wanted the public to perceive their towers as the fastest. The point of the orignal article was how a halo product could enhance public perception of a whole company so whether Apple actually hit the mark or not is a difference that doesn't make a difference in this instances as Apple wanted the prestige that having a top dog tower could bring.

With regards to halo products in general I think that Apple has certainly benefited from things like the iPod's status in its early days and FCP Legend being used in major Hollywood productions. I think their purchase of Shake was also done in part to gain more professional cache and extend the halo FCP had created.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]