APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP7 XML export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joseph Owens
Re: FCP7 XML export
on Mar 27, 2013 at 4:26:11 pm

[Bret Williams] "Perhaps you should gift it to them on the app store to make a point. It really is more of a end user X process than a 7 user prep process."

Whose responsibility it is to prep for someone else's software choice is one we colorists face every day, and have been since the advent of the Apple COLOR and BM Resolve XML round trip Every new version changed the rules, subtly, or not, and it was, and remains, a total minefield. Even when you have educated an editor as to allowable processes, there was almost always another showstopper imbedded in the sequence. "Oh, I didn't know that wasn't allowed..." and frankly, very often, neither do we, until you can't load the timeline without the app crashing halfway through the import, or "time code extents don't match" and 20-30% of the clips are offline, or you get halfway through the final render, and.... *nothing*... or you get half the timeline back in FCP....

Whose "opportunity" is it to figure that one out? Yup, Cleanup on Aisle 7... Bring a shovel and a mop.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]