APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Frank Gothmann
Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor
on Mar 26, 2013 at 3:16:30 pm

I believe people here firmly overestimate the importance and success of TB. Even within the Mac world its adoption rate isn't exploding, on the PC side it is virtually non-existant. There are just a handful of TB mobos with the older 1155 socket on the market while there are zero for Intel's most recent socket 2011 and x79 chipset with apparently no plans or attempts by the mobo manufacturers to implement it. For the average consumer, USB3 is more than enough and substantially cheaper. For the enterprise and server market PCIe is and will be the way to go. Leaves the video crowd, on the mac side, with certain mac models.
It's a niche connector within a niche within a niche - just like FW800. I doubt that'll change, and I doubt Intel sees that much different in the long-run.

------
"You also agree that you will not use these products for... the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons."
iTunes End User Licence Agreement

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]