APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter Soyka
Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor
on Mar 26, 2013 at 1:56:08 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "It will have power due to it being a brand new CPU. "

I'm not looking for a workstation with a year's worth of Moore's Law improvements over an iMac.

I want a computer that can take me to the moon. I know I'm a little different than most folks here. I'm a designer before I'm an editor. My renders are measured in minutes per frame, not frames per second. Six cores will not make me as happy as sixteen. What is the point of a Mac Pro successor that's only incrementally superior to an iMac when the potential for so much more is readily available?

[Jeremy Garchow] "If Apple wanted to offer the latest intel power plant, they could, but they must not see a point to that release. Yet, they obviously see a point in keeping that channel open."

This is a very neat summation of my whole frustration and bewilderment with Apple.

Apple has a whole lineup of really, really nice machines in their categories -- except for their workstation, and it's been this way for two years now.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]