APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor
on Mar 26, 2013 at 12:19:40 pm

[Chris Harlan] "I know I'm in the minority here, but I still believe that Apple gave up on the Mac Pro, but then was shamed--mostly by developers--into promising something new."

Apple has no issue with dumping products.

An extremely modest MacPro refresh was made available at WWDC, not afterwards.

They didn't drop MacPro sales and then reinstate it.

I understand there are healthy reasons for perpetual cynicism around here and that Apple left a lot of video prifessionals hanging, but shamed in to making a new MacPro? I don't see it. If anything, they would have offered an parachute strategy like they did with the XServe and closed the doors.

Since the decision was made to keep the older tech on the shelf, it seems to me that someone at Apple has a plan.

What Apple was shamed in to doing was removing the blue "new" tag off of the MacPro on the Apple Store a day or two after WWDC.

As far as energy efficiency, I whole heartedly agree with you. I mentioned gas guzzlers a few times in this thread. Also, working with fcpx, it is amazing to me how much organization can get done in an incredibly economized use of space. It allows doing more with less despite what Gallagher argues. I hope the timeline receives a few more economies.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]