APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Harlan
Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor
on Mar 26, 2013 at 3:44:18 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "[Walter Soyka] "I don't know what it will be, but I'd assume it will offer some serious power in order to differentiate from the rest of the line. If it doesn't, what's the point?"

It will have power due to it being a brand new CPU.

If Apple wanted to offer the latest intel power plant, they could, but they must not see a point to that release.

Yet, they obviously see a point in keeping that channel open.
"

I know I'm in the minority here, but I still believe that Apple gave up on the Mac Pro, but then was shamed--mostly by developers--into promising something new. I DO believe we will now get one because of last year's developers conference, and that it will be pretty good because they will live up to their promise, but I don't think they actually give two poops about it. If they did, they would have been upgrading it all along.

Something that isn't discussed here much--if at all--is the idea that, in addition to mobility, Apple is committed to lower power consumption, and in the light of global warming, monster trucks like the Mac Pro just don't fit into what they want to be producing. I, personally, would still like to have a monster truck, but hey, maybe they are saving me from myself. I certainly don't believe that this is the primary reason for them potentially ditching the Mac Pro, but I do think it feeds into it.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]