APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Seeman
Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor
on Mar 25, 2013 at 10:04:40 pm

[Walter Soyka] "That said, I do understand your thinking here. I'll assume you're correct. The thing is -- I don't care what's good for Apple. I care what's good for me (an Apple customer). I also like to think that Apple cares what's good for me (an Apple customer)."

Apple knows that you care about Thunderbolt and USB3 in your MacPro.
Apple knows that you care about being frugal and wouldn't dream of selling you a computer without the above only to have to replace it as you buy all these peripherals to use with your other Macs.
;)

[Walter Soyka] "There is always something newer and better around the corner. Why not wait until optical Thunderbolt comes out? If you're going to wait that long, why not optical Thunderbolt 2.0?"

Apple knows you care very much about Thunderbolt 2.0 and that you will care enough to buy another MacPro in two years to get it. Apple knows you will care so much that you will update your MacPro like you update your iPhone every two years. Apple knows you will no longer care about being frugal at that point.
;)

[Walter Soyka] "For the embarrassment of riches from Apple in the consumer space and professional portable space, the gaping hole in their professional lineup -- and looking at recent history, the specter of holes like this appearing again and again -- is hugely unsettling for a business built on high-powered Apple hardware."

Apple knows you care about having to buy only one Pegasus Raid and AJA IO XT and use it with all your computers including your MacPro. Apple knows you care about not having to buy one set of devices for their laptops and all-in-ones and another big expense just for your MacPro devices. Apple knows you care about peripheral usability across their ecosystem.

Apple knows what you care about as they have told what is important. Apple knows care not for waiting so they give you baubles like iPad Mini while you wait patiently for the MacPro you care about.
;)

The funny thing about it is that they might actually be right or many more of us would be buying HP Z series workstations.

Apple even knows that you care so much about Thunderbolt some of you went out and built Hackintoshes with Asus motherboards or might even be using Windows and that you will care very much that you can use those devices with Macs when Apple comes out with the only Xeon based computer with Thunderbolt.
;)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]