APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor
on Mar 25, 2013 at 9:02:20 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "Apple has been part of the moon race though. I remember in the 90's Apple had ads with snails carrying intel chips and when the G5 launched Apple proclaimed it the "world's fastest personal computer". Apple dosen't always have the fastest horse in the stable but when they do they aren't afraid to let everyone know."

This discussion was had two years ago on this thread. Walter S mentioned some sort of tank advertisement.

Apple is not in the speed game, if that was so, they would have updated the MacPro to the latest hardware and dealt with it, and really all you have to do is look at the i7 offerings, more on that later.

Yes, when they do release new hardware, it is just as fast as HP or the beige box stores, but I can pretty much guarantee that the box won't do as much. It will have less PCI slots, it will have less internal expansion, it will have less room for multiple GPUs, it will have less cores. This is not to say the MacPro is a slouch, but when you compare it dollar for dollar, feature for feature, it will be "hobbled" or at least it won't be the fastest sky rocket in the aviation community.

Look at Apple's current i7 offerings, then look at intel's i7 offerings. There are faster i7s available, there are 6 core i7s available. Are they in Apple hardware? No, they are not. They would be if Apple really wanted to play the speed game.

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]