APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: John Siracusa perspective on Mac Pro Successor
on Mar 25, 2013 at 8:43:31 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "I have argued in the past that Apple was never a part of the moon race. As a company, it doesn't provide the fastest, biggest, loudest, gas guzzling machines on the planet to get you to the moon. That has never been a part of Apple history, and I don't think it will be a part of their future."

Apple has been part of the moon race though. I remember in the 90's Apple had ads with snails carrying intel chips and when the G5 launched Apple proclaimed it the "world's fastest personal computer". Apple dosen't always have the fastest horse in the stable but when they do they aren't afraid to let everyone know.

Even though the car analogy isn't perfect I do think there is merit for having a halo product. The iPod cast a halo over Apple at a time when the company didn't have very much else to crow about and FCP Legend's success in Hollywood gave Apple cache beyond the pro market. Whatever Apple does with this future MacPro product there is a lot hanging on it (unfairly or not).

-Andrew

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]