APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Understand Life and Final Cut Pro X/ Comprendre le vie et Final Cut Pro X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Laurent Lindebrings
Re: Understand Life and Final Cut Pro X/ Comprendre le vie et Final Cut Pro X
on Mar 21, 2013 at 9:15:19 am

I really like the way the author of this text use evolution theory to explain FCP X. That's really original.
By the way the fish's name is "TANCHE" and not "Tench" and yes it is a slang term for idiot.
As we saw with FCP 5_7 a lot of functions of FCP X are implemented in some others NLE (like the skimmer in PPCS6) and certainly more to come.
As an editor on FCP for 10 years now (I am certified by Apple on 7, X & Motion), I quit FCS to use FCP X.
I really enjoy to edit with this software. Once you understand the way it behaves you are faster than ever you did on FCS.
I really regret that Apple did not wait and test it's software before relasing it.
X.0 to X.4 were really not up to the task. Worst, the methodology for using it was not ready and confused a lot of people.
Since 0.4 then the software is stable and for most of its functions, is far better than FCP7.
Because of this terrible launch, most of the editors have a bad idea of what FCP X is capable of doing while the software and it's ecosystem evolved really well.
I really hope that pros will have second look at FCP X with the right guide (it's really different).
Some professionals tell that FCP X does not have the right tools for their job.
For most of us FCP X is really enough as a core for editing but it is true that everything is not include. This depends of your own ecosystem. FCP X is a kind of iOS for editing. You pay for the core of your editing system and add apps for your specific tasks.
Is it a problem ? Maybe for some, not for me.
As Apple did before with computers it jumps. 7 to X, is it clear ?
The problem is not the jump itself but how they did jump (communication, brutality)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]