APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is it my Mac?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Is it my Mac?
on Mar 21, 2013 at 1:06:55 am

[Lance Bachelder] "EVERY plug-in does NOT have the same problem"

Calm down, I'm not arguing your point. I just think you misunderstand what I've been saying. Specifically this: "EVERY plug-in that uses an external pipeline to an outside engine has the same problem"

This is talking about plug-ins, like MB Looks and Sapphire Edge that send the image out to an external engine to apply the effect. That's different than what BCC or the FxFactory plug-ins do, for instance. That's all I'm saying. In addition, the more processes you apply in a single filter, the more sluggish it becomes. For example, a grading filter like DVShade, which also has diffusion and gradients among other things built in, does not perform as well as Yanobox Moods or Nattress Curves, which only deal with color levels.

Furthermore, Apple has their own secret sauce that deviates from their architecture for 3rd party developers. I can apply 5-6 instances of the Color Board and still have real-time playback, whereas I cannot do the same thing with 5-6 instances of any 3rd party color correction filter. And that's the same on every Mac I used, including MBPs, iMacs and MPs.

[Lance Bachelder] "Although many plug-ins performed well even on my old Mac Pro with 5770."

Just so we are talking apples-to-apples so to speak, which plug-ins are you using? I don't doubt that you are having good experiences with many of them. I do as well. I just think we are comparing very different types of filters.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]