APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Understand Life and Final Cut Pro X/ Comprendre le vie et Final Cut Pro X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Clint Wardlow
Re: Understand Life and Final Cut Pro X/ Comprendre le vie et Final Cut Pro X
on Mar 20, 2013 at 6:56:56 pm

[Steve Connor] "The experiment has shaken up the NLE market in a very large way and is very far from a failure"

I think the only ones shaken up were FCP Legacy users. AVID users still use AVID, Premiere Pro users still use PPRO (though I am curious how they feel about changes to their NLE in the wake of FCPX). Vegas users still use Vegas. It was really the FCP user that was left wondering which way to jump.

As to whether it is a failure, that is subjective.

From a money aspect, it is very successful. I also think in terms of pulling in folks that never seriously looked at video editing (whether for price or complexity) it is a success. As to being viable for large scale productions, that remains to be seen; although adoption in such circles seems lacking.

As to keeping thee hardcore FCP users of the past on board, there it is pretty much a failure. I mean there are those that have enthusiastically adopted X as their main NLE. Many are also grasping onto FCP Studio until the wheels fall off. However, many have jumped ship and even a lot who still use FCPX see it as only one tool that needs other NLEs to complete the package.

The long-term viability of FCPX is still up in the air as I see it. However, I don't see it going away anytime soon.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]