APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is it my Mac?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Dobson
Re: Is it my Mac?
on Mar 20, 2013 at 2:34:06 pm

[Julian Bowman] "After reading up I upgraded my ram to 32 gigs from 16 and bought a ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB and I cannot say i've noticed a blind bit of difference. FCPX still has this sluggish response time."

I was in your situation - I had ( still have ) a 2008 Quad core MacPro and like you I upgrades my Ram, to 22GBs, installed a new 5770 graphic card and still found that my experience was frustrating and very sticky on longer projects.

So rather than wait for a new MacPro I bought the 27" 3.4 GHz iMac and installed 32 GB of memory and I have to say it a huge improvement, not perfect, but a lot more responsive.

I'm still clearing the preferences on a regular basis with Preference Manager but spinning ball crashes are almost non-existent.

I am editing using native files from a C300, I don't optimise the media and touch wood it's all been worth it. It has also allowed me to move forward into thunderbolt and USB3 storage devices and to enhance the eSata drive performance using a Lacie TB Hub.

Should a new MacPro be released with superior performance I would probably sell the iMac and get that but for the moment I feel as if I've moved forward in the right direction.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]