APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: NAB and FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joseph Owens
Re: NAB and FCP X
on Mar 8, 2013 at 9:41:41 pm

[Marcus Moore] "You're being facetious, of course,"

Not really. If tracks aren't essential, why would the timeline be important? The only reason for its continued existence in FCX is that most editors can't keep the whole project in their heads, and it would be a giant conceptual step forward if only those old tired methods weren't so entrenched. It would be just as easy to make the order and connections in the browser (which becomes increasingly irrelevant as construction of the timeline-model progresses) and Play-Stop-Jog in a viewer would still work the way it usually does... I mean who cares how long the project is, you can see what is connected to what in/out in the new browser so all of that other stuff is just superfluous -- it is what it is. Apple told us that, and that stacking tracks no longer makes sense, or that any of that has priority -- and in fact the complaining is legion about having to "drill down" to see lower selections.
Think of the timeline as it currently exists as simply a larger graphical "Audition" and you will see that we really don't even need it anymore. The 'audition' as a hidden, semi-nested sequence is actually a hint at what is to come.

You may think this is 'cracked', but its visionary, the way most people think of the future before they're ready for it. Right Bill?

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]