APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: NAB and FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: NAB and FCP X
on Mar 8, 2013 at 9:03:05 pm

[Bill Davis] "Honestly the largest "issues" come from those who just can't escape the very natural urge to view the new thing through the lens of the old thing."

I agree that people need to approach new tools with virgin minds. My advice to someone learning a new NLE has always been to pretend that you've never used an NLE before. If you come at it with the attitude of, "Well in XYZ I always did it like this. Why doesn't ABC do it like that too?" then you are sunk. I don't see FCPX being any different in that regard other than that it was introduced with a lot of bagage (which we are all aware of so I won't rehash it here).

Many people that aren't keen on FCPX may have started out editing on film or tape-to-tape editing before moving on to (and most likely bouncing between) various NLE's such as Media Composer, Media 100, Discreet Edit, Premiere, FCP Legend, Liquid, etc., so I'm skeptical that the largest issue is that old dogs can't learn new tricks. Contributing factor? Of course, but there other things at play here as well.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]