APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: NAB and FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Seeman
Re: NAB and FCP X
on Mar 8, 2013 at 5:48:17 pm

Thanks Herb. You got what I was alluding to.

Looking at the marketing going in to Lightworks and developing their own news outlet with RedSharkNews shows signs of long range a messaging/marketing campaign.

They are, at least in part, targeting Avid. They're using a business/marketing model that Avid probably can't approach or compete with. They have a competing storage system and an NLE which might be considered on the opposite end of the pricing structure... and has had a "Hollywood" past.

It may take them some time to "get there" and they may not succeed but you can see where they may be headed... and it's yet another blow to Avid.

The longer Avid stagnates the more time competitors have to gear up, each with very different business strategies.

Unlike Avid, Editshare may not really care which NLE you choose. They are a hardware company. In their case their NLE is just a facility. What the NLE does give them is a marketing tool. And that's how they're using it.

It's ironic but I could have seen what Editshare is doing as something Avid could have done as a change in their business model but this is what happens when Avid can't reconcile selling MC/Symphony and Isis for example, as a clear business model. I don't mean to say Editshare wins and Avid loses ultimately but Editshare is trying and Avid is stagnant.

Avid is in a perpetual preservation mode and in the long term that doesn't lead to growth or even survival especially when you consider their loses have been ongoing since 2006 and it's now 2013.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]