APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: NAB and FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Erik Lindahl
Re: NAB and FCP X
on Mar 7, 2013 at 12:17:12 pm

Film-strips and / or mini-timelines under each view yes please. It's a far better visual feeback than the system now. Scrubbing has it's finness but it's not the answer for everything for sure (even terribad at times). This in conjuction with proper timecode read-outs would really be a boost. Also the event viewer being simply an event views renders it useless for operations such as grading and comparing scenes with-in an edit. Since the changes made to compound clips you can in teory get around this limitation by working with compounds as you edits / seqences / projects (what ever you want to call them) but that sort of renders the idéa projects out of the window (which I sort of thought they did in the first place but that's a different story all together).

I understand Apple and some "hooked" people like the new "floating" workflow but it does have it's issues and I don't see any issues mixing these new idéas with old very workable or sometimes features. Apple could also use the secondary viewer as a more flexible "secondary viewer" if they wish to. To a degree you go back to a viewer / canvas setup but it's such an important tool I don't see how they can't go back there to a degree while keeping to their new padagrim as well.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]