APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Lightworks coming to the Mac

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Alan
Re: Lightworks coming to the Mac
on Mar 3, 2013 at 11:20:56 pm

[Steve Connor] "[Gary Huff] "Skeuomorphism needs to seriously die."
Dead already apparently, Ive is in charge now
"
I have mixed feelings here. If the icon is still active in the material world then its symbolism is intuitive and depending on the design not superfluous. If, on the other hand, it is anachronistic then the design may feel both dated and clunky. I agree that to add a graphic border around a digital calendar as if were meant to hang on a cork wall is ugly. On the other hand, the Manila paper folder icon to me is the best icon of a digital folder yet developed. I suppose you could cut the folder icon and just leave the rotating triangle after or before the name and it would take less space. But we even call it a folder. We don't call it a wall calendar. Ive is an incredible designer but I'm not sure he is a software designer. It will be interesting to see. Should we still be calling it a reel and use a filmstrip graphic to symbolize media? The ad under this reply for shutterstock obviously thinks so.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]