APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: OT: Adobe raising our costs by 600%

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: OT: Adobe raising our costs by 600%
on Mar 3, 2013 at 7:22:04 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "[Bill Davis] "Editors in two simple camps.

BEM camp or NBEM camp.
(Before Eureka! Moment or Not Before Eureka! Moment)"

Not much room left for people that have given it an honest try but just don't like it as much as other NLEs (maybe they were holding it wrong?) or people that have a workflow that X can't easily fit into.

If your comment was meant to be cheeky then toss in a ;) or something as cheeky is hard to glean on the internet.
"

Point 1 - when every anyone drags out the hoary "you're holding it wrong" diss, I always flash back to when my son and I had some fun taking fencing lessons together. The first time our coach set us up and watched us the VERY first thing he said to us was "you're holding it wrong." Because, of course, we WERE. (iPhone antenna-gate reference understood, but wasn't the larger lesson there the effect that the whole problem had on successful adoption of the device? Which was largely NONE. The device's value was NOT linked to what the few early professional fault finders who focused on a problem that turned out NOT to be particularly important to the vast majority of their target customers. The sum of the device was pleasing to a wide body of potential users no matter HOW they held it... huh, wonder if there's an X parallel burried anywhere here? )

Even when someone tells you something that makes you bristle - you can get offended and disengage - OR - you can see for yourself if there's something worth learning.

Point 2 - Oops, you failed to add the emoticon after your own "you're holding it wrong" line directed at me - indicating that you MUST have felt THAT was a serious diss and not a cheeky comment? Essentially, haven't you just done EXACTLY what you're criticizing me for?

The truth here, is that in fast ebb and flow of daily discussion here, we ALL make semantic mistakes and often fail to write with "tonal clarity" - and I'm likely guilty as sin of that.

But I don't have time to polish everything I write here. So mistakes will happen. And onto those mistakes, people will overlay their impressions of what they think my "tone" was meant to be whether fair or not.

I can live with that.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]