APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: OT: Adobe raising our costs by 600%

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Alan
Re: OT: Adobe raising our costs by 600%
on Mar 3, 2013 at 4:03:26 am

I'd like credit. But feel free. I too am an educator.
The best deal right now is AVID MC - $300 and good for 4 years of free updates. Now AVID might go under and MC is a slightly tougher learning curve. People might complain about the dated interface, but no one will accuse them of not being professional. It is cross platform. It plays well with others.

I chose FCP X for my classes because they are HS students. However i got 10 copies of MC so I can have serious students learn it too. Plus if I change my mind based on what happens to FCP X, I can switch over to MC. I miss FCP 7. But I have no doubts that FCP X is plenty powerful enough for the type of videos that are done in schools, and events, and weddings, and industrials, and and and. (Please put back multiple tracks! They just work.) And a fast turn around would be welcome.

My only regrets was possibly not going with PPro. But given your post maybe I made the right decision. Not sure how they could just up their rates that radically after institutions bought in. What happens when the term expires? Can you just continue to use the non-updated software until you can afford to renew? That's the case with FCP X as far as I know. But the renewal isn't 600% higher either. Not a smart move on Adobe's part. They have an opportunity here to take over FCP 7's share of the pro world. Why make it hard for schools to offer it?

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]