APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: OT: Adobe raising our costs by 600%

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: OT: Adobe raising our costs by 600%
on Mar 3, 2013 at 3:19:05 am

[Andrew Kimery] "You can love whatever you want all you want but don't dicate to others why they like/dislike what they do. That type of evangelism just grates on my nerves. "

Sorry you're so sensitive to this, but honestly, if you think posting opinions in a public forum for debate is "dictating to others" then you have a perception problem.

I'm dictating nothing to no one. Dictating indicates the power to force something on them.

We're in free will land here. You dislike my opinions, post countervailing ones. If you think I'm wrong about why I like the changes that X had generated in my business you have two options. Learn about it and dispute them on the merits (as MANY here do) or disengate from the discussion if you don't have the time, energy or inclination to understand the software being debated here (you know, the forum with FCP-X in it's NAME!)

Walking onto a football field and arguing that football is LAME might be something you enjoy. But you wouldn't REALLY do that and expect those who love the game to look at you with anything less than the classic hairy eyeball.

Debate, disengage, or simply move along. Personally, I hope you stay and engage. But please argue the merits of the REALITY of X. Not the smoke and mirror stuff. You think it's NOT good at something say what. We can discuss that.

But I'm likely going to continue to write about having fun using X - regardless of anyone else's opinion - first because it's my reality - and second, because that's a solid part of what this forum is FOR.

Kinda simple as that.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]