APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: update on Shared storage, workgroup capability?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lance Bachelder
Re: update on Shared storage, workgroup capability?
on Feb 21, 2013 at 4:59:52 am

Hey Mark,

Obviously shared storage is a huge concern for your facility and it seems that folks are finding success in multi-user set-ups. The real benefit I see using FCPX in a studio like yours where shows are almost always multi-cam and run 'n gun with long takes is how projects can be organized. Now that I'm starting to really understand FCPX and how it works with OSX including iTunes etc (thanks in a BIG way to John Davidson's tutorials!) it can totally speed up work flow for your Editors and Post Dept. Keyword and Smart Collections just blow away old-fashioned Marker/sub-clip workflow and make finding clips, soundbites etc. much more intuitive and best of all FUN! Creating multi-cam clips and then naming and finding all the selects is a breeze and the A-list Director and Producer I've shown this on a recent Doc were just blown away - and these guys are Avid diehards since the early 90's.

Suffice to say FCPX is not the same beast that was forced out after NAB '11 - it's come a long way and if you take the time to really dig in it's very "pro" and very fun to use.

See you at NAB

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]