Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Email Exchange with Randy Ubillos, FCP X Designer

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SeemanRe: Email Exchange with Randy Ubillos, FCP X Designer
by on Jun 23, 2011 at 7:19:06 pm

[walter biscardi] "And what if someone wants to open a project to revise it?"

I mentioned elsewhere that this is one of my concerns. Often enough I have clients asking for revisions on projects going back a few years. By then there may be yet another new OS and new Macs here. I don't expect to have any method to open an FCP7 project.

One might interpret

"We never expected anyone to switch editing software in the middle of a project, so project migration was not a priority."

As something that might not be implemented for some time but if it's "not ever" that's going to be a serious problem. This is an example of something we need to know ASAP because we don't want to dig ourselves into a hole. The risk is that a project you start in FCP7 today due to feature necessity may not be retrievable at all in two years short of keeping a Mac and FCP7 alive on one system (for how many years).

If they tend to have an importer eventually (just not know) they should make that clear. All in all, I think Apple's poor communication is a bigger issue the feature sets in an app which most know is not ready for many post workflows.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]