APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: An NLE change from FCP poll results

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shawn Miller
Re: An NLE change from FCP poll results
on Feb 13, 2013 at 7:27:04 am

[Chris Kenny] "[Shawn Miller] "$19.99 a month seems very attractive."

If you qualify. Still ends up being more money in the long run. And while FCP X doesn't have an individual educational discount, it is $150 with volume purchasing."

I think it's hard to make a value argument against the Creative Cloud subscription in favor of FCPX. The CCS is more expensive over the long run, but it's also a LOT more powerful.

[Chris Kenny] "[Shawn Miller] "Let's not overlook the fact that Adobe has 30 day free trials of it's software and all of their creative applications are cross platform. For many of the people you're describing, FCPX isn't even an option because it's only available on Apple hardware."

Macs are more popular now, particularly with e.g. college students, than they were when classic FCP was on the way up, so I don't really see this as a major barrier."

Sure, Macs are more popular than they were before... that doesn't change my point. Adobe is interested in creative professionals, PC and Mac users alike. You said that it was important to capture folks just entering the field... I agree. I think Adobe's platform agnosticism and diverse product/capability offerings puts them in a better position to do that.

Shawn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]