APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Trying new stuff

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

ted irving
Re: Trying new stuff
on Feb 12, 2013 at 4:09:28 pm

Hahaha! Great points. I didn't get to read all of them so forgive me if I repeat something already stated. I love FCPX, teach Premiere CS5.5, and not 6, worked on Avid Media Composer, Newscutter, Lightworks, Vegas, FCP7...all are just tools. I don't, "hate," on NLE software because it is all about the user. I remember selling tv shows at NATPE in 2008 and a young lawyer with no TV or film experience shows up with a 3 minute sizzle reel edited on iMovie and gets a nice $35,000.00 deal after the first day of the convention. The posts on Creative Cow are excellent because so many people can provide help and tips to many of us who may get lost or frustrated with a particular application. However, a good spirited debate is ok as long as, in my opinion, we remember that these are just tools and it is about the persons skill set and not the software. I love FCPX for my ENG and sports work and love Avid for long form documentary work. I like teaching Premiere and see the good in it. And I love Photoshop. Must have. After Effects not so much, but Motion, Yes! Man just have fun!!

Ted Irving
Freelance Content Creation
CBS MaxPreps/BBN3
http://www.tedtv.tv
tedirving@yahoo.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]