APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Opinions on what NLE to teach on a new BA in Film & Screen Media Production

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bernard Newnham
Re: Opinions on what NLE to teach on a new BA in Film & Screen Media Production
on Feb 10, 2013 at 10:53:45 pm

At our London-based university students learn on Premiere Pro, mainly I think because someone a while back chose to go with the Adobe Production Bundle. You can get that in the education version for just over £300, and it includes all the standard stuff - After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator etc etc. Not only that, it runs on PCs, so that the area used for editing can also do compositing with Nuke, 3d with Maya, and other stuff. Keeps the all-round cost down.

As for which editing system students should ideally use - it really doesn't matter. As someone further up says - it's the story that matters. I'd have that line tattooed on their foreheads. If asked and given an open budget, I'd probably - at this point in time - still pick PPro. It runs in a standard way - no magical new concepts - and gives an introduction to the way most editing systems work. Anyone who can edit on PPro would have little trouble switching to any other, especially Avid or Edius.

Bernie

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]