APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Opinions on what NLE to teach on a new BA in Film & Screen Media Production

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Roth Weiss
Re: Opinions on what NLE to teach on a new BA in Film & Screen Media Production
on Feb 9, 2013 at 11:33:37 pm

Thank you guys for noticing my absence over the last year. Interestingly, I'm still the #6 all time Cow poster, in spite of only posting about twenty times in the last year. That seems to indicate that I'm not the only one around here who's been posting less.

I've been at ProMAX now for a year, and if you guys think that sitting in a darkened edit bay telling stories for about 14-hours a day cuts into your free time, try consulting about workflow, hardware, software, and infrastructure all day, every day, for a worldwide customer-base of users, all of whom spend about 14-hours a day in their edit bays.

BTW, as far as FCP7 still being so popular 20-months after it was EOL'd, that's because it is still the easiest NLE for most to learn; by far, is the easiest of all the NLE's to use collaboratively; and, by far, is the easiest to use in a shared storage environment (unless you're using Avid Isis in an all Avid environment). These are things I deal with every day now, and you would all be surprised at just how many facilities are still FCP hold-outs.

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com

Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]