APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The (still) temporary Verdict: FinalCutProX usable for Pro's?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve Connor
Re: The (still) temporary Verdict: FinalCutProX usable for Pro's?
on Feb 8, 2013 at 6:17:30 pm

[Gary Huff] "The color board is not intuitive to anyone who is familiar with the standard color wheel representation"

That's true, it does take some getting used to, but when you do it functions just as well.

[Gary Huff] "and the damn magnetic timeline doesn't help with precision-type editing."

Once you're used to it, it isn't a problem, I cut music pieces and promos all the time now. It was a struggle at first though.

[Gary Huff] "Instead, editing this project on Premiere CS6 on a Windows workstation, I have each of my animated elements in an After Effects composition that's dynamically linked to the timeline. Every change is automagically updated without having to do anything. I have the edits exactly where I need them to be for the flow of the piece without having to mess around with the crazy way the timeline works in X. On top of that, I have Curves built in without having to resort to a paid third-party plugin!"

I'm pretty sure I would have done this in PPro as well.

[Gary Huff] "Granted a very unique scenario, but just another way in which working in Premiere makes me happy.
"

Of course, PPro is a mature, stable and very well featured NLE and an excellent choice for people who don't want to ride the FCPX train!

Steve Connor
'It's just my opinion, with an occasional fact thrown in for good measure"

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]