APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: ProCutX iPad interface

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

T. Payton
Re: ProCutX iPad interface
on Feb 7, 2013 at 9:43:26 pm

[Michael Phillips] "I can see some form of vibrate and sound feedback happening, but still not the same as actual hardware with resistance, hard start and stop locations, etc. "

Oh absolutely. Nothing is going to replace the muscle memory and feedback of real switches and nobs, but some Apps I have used on the iPads have me convinced that I am interacting with physical buttons. For example the game "LED Football 2", a version of the old LED Mattel football game from the 70's (or was it early 80's) does an excellent job of simulated physical buttons. It really feels like you are mashing plastic buttons on that old hand held.

I think that the these control surface developers need to think beyond simulating a physical control surface. Rather take advantage of what a table can do. Display customized information and change controls in an instant. For example what if there was a dedicated screen for different tasks. Like this:

- Clip Review - controls for settings ins and outs, favorites, reject. Renaming clips. Add markers. Moving to next clip,previous clip, etc.
- Timeline Navigation & Marking- something that you could hand to a director so they could call the shots (Edimote is pretty close to this). It could do a much better job with markers where on the iPad a marker note could created and then pushed to FCPX.
- Color tool - Big buttons to display each type of scope. Scope options, etc. Enable grade on, off. Move to next/previous clip, Enable the event browser., etc.
- Multi-cam Tool - buttons to display the angle editor, switch number of angels shown, change angles, etc. This would need transport controls too.

Well just some babbling on my end. Much of this would still require Apple to create the hooks for FCP to be controlled and send pertinent information to an external controller.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]