APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The (still) temporary Verdict: FinalCutProX usable for Pro's?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: The (still) temporary Verdict: FinalCutProX usable for Pro's?
on Feb 3, 2013 at 7:55:37 pm

Yes, FCPX is very usable for Pro's. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever not to consider it pro, unless you have certain specific workflows you might need.
Rendering speeds are awesome, the organization of footage is a lot better than in FCP7, once you get used to the magnetic timeline it's very fast to work with, exporting separate Audio Tracks for TV works very well with roles.

Sofar I've mostly used it for short form, currently I'm finishing a 60 min Low Budget Experimental using XDCAM and my 8 year old 500 GB Raid FW800 Drive, connected to my 2011 MacBook Pro. Never had a problem, spinning beach balls once in a while.

I'm starting to edit a 90 min Dokumentary this Month, probably using eSATA, lets see how that goes...

I work in Berlin, Germany. The Market here really hates change, there are still very few companies using it - I'm still flabbergasted to find companies here that still haven't figured out that FCP Legacy is as professional as Avid.

But I just got a FCPXjob offer for a regular gig starting next month, internet stuff.

The Editor Knut Hake has been using FCPx for the German TV series Danny Lowinski and is currently editing his 3rd narrative feature on it.

I am seeing quite a few prosumer editors adopting it, especially some actor friends of mine editing their own demotapes, a few Kameramen, a Musician friend of mine, and funny enough the Painter who's Experimental I'm finishing

You should check out Larry Jordan's page http://www.larryjordan.biz/

and very good training by http://www.rippletraining.com

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]