APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: MacPro Discontinued in Europe on Mar 1st - Beating the pessimists to the punch!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Seeman
Re: MacPro Discontinued in Europe on Mar 1st - Beating the pessimists to the punch!
on Feb 1, 2013 at 5:22:23 pm

[Marcus Moore] "I expect the form factor will change a bit- but I'm no longer expecting earth-shattering"

I guess it depends on how one defines earth shattering. Given the potential simple fix for compliance one of the reasons Apple may not want to bother is because the change in case design is significant enough to dissuade them from dealing with even minor supply chain changes.

In other words if the case were similar there'd be no big deal making a change they'd have to make anyway. If the case were significantly different there's no reason to make a change when the parts supply chain is about to change in a major way.

Even if all Apple does is add Thunderbolt and USB3 (which would be significant changes by using Xeon motherboard and GPU integration) and drop optical drive slots and maybe the 4x PCIe slots (replaced by Thunderbolt) that's going to be a very significant case design change and probably some changes in the internal cooling.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]