APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: MacPro Discontinued in Europe on Mar 1st - Beating the pessimists to the punch!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: MacPro Discontinued in Europe on Mar 1st - Beating the pessimists to the punch!
on Jan 31, 2013 at 10:43:42 pm

"Our Pro customers like you are really important to us," reads part of Cook's e-mail. "Although we didn’t have a chance to talk about a new Mac Pro at today’s event, don’t worry as we’re working on something really great for later next year."

"Something really great..." might be a tower with revamped internals or it might be Apple's take on what they think pro customers need (or more importantly don't need). I mean, after FCP Legend languished for a few years Steve Jobs tried to placate the rumbling masses that the next FCP was going to be "awesome". For some people it is, for some people it isn't but I'm pretty sure it caught everyone off guard.

There will always be a need for speed but Apple doesn't want to play that game anymore (if they did the MacPros wouldn't be so pitiful, IMO). Off-the-shelf desktops are the new 'big iron' rigs, laptops are the new desktop and tablets are the new laptops. I mean, 10yrs ago or so if you wanted to run Smoke, for example, you needed a beefy SGI rig to go with it. Now Smoke will run on laptops. It will run faster on towers (and even faster on tricked out towers) but a beefy tower is no longer a requirement. Users have more freedom to pick hardware that suits there needs and the majority of users don't need/can't afford monster towers.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]