APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Trying new stuff

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gary Huff
Re: Trying new stuff
on Jan 28, 2013 at 5:01:39 pm

[Erik Lindahl] "I don't however feel very "safe" in the application yet given our issues with either corrupt projects "

Are you having these issues currently in CS6? I have been bitten by corrupt projects before, but not with CS6 so far, though I still make backup projects myself as a kind of "best practices" workflow.

[Erik Lindahl] " Given the "all native" approach this potentially is a problem when dealing with less than optimal H264-files from unknown sources. Some kind of bullet proof validation-process would be appreciated here."

What kind of "corrupted media" do you mean? H.264 files with pixelated frames and whatnot? Because if the file is corrupt to where it won't play at all, Premiere doesn't accept that. If it has "pixelated" frames, I don't know of any other NLE that will reject it either, nor do I know how you would program it to make that determination without also introducing instances where it refuses media that's actually fine.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]