APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Trying new stuff

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Erik Lindahl
Re: Trying new stuff
on Jan 28, 2013 at 2:34:55 pm

I haven't done any extensive tests on the area of export from PrPro vs FCPX vs FCP7 but I believe FCPX is far simpler / faster in terms of human interaction than PrPro especially now since you can set up custom outputs in the program quite neatly. It's not optimal for batch-export but very "nice" for day to day use the times I've used it (and since the background process is automatic it's much nicer than the somewhat daunting GUI PrPro shows us).

That said Compressor is more or less garbage. Lack of features, poor H264 encoder, limited MPEG2 encoder, no WMV-encoder (well AME is just as bad on the last point). AME is getting better and better but again this is an area where Adobe really should improve if their goal is to be a really serious player in the video-market. It's actually here again a lot of silly human interaction "issues" they could fix quite easily. Batch-chainging how a series of files are interpreted is a lot of point > click > point > click. Here Adobe should look at how for example things are sorted in Episode Pro (give, EP is a buggy nightmare, they have gotten a few things right).

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]