APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Trying new stuff

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gary Huff
Re: Trying new stuff
on Jan 28, 2013 at 2:16:10 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "There isn't a single thing, not one. that Premiere does as well or better than FCPX 10.07"

Third party plugins don't randomly place green frames in your footage. That's one thing Premiere does that's better than FCPX.

Premiere can import an After Effects project and use it like footage without the need to render. That's a second thing Premiere does that's better than FCPX.

Premiere has tracks. I see no benefit for the magnetic timeline after using it. It's about 50/50 for me in doing what I want it to do and it fighting me.

Premiere can freeze a still from footage in a sequence in one monitor window and then you can move the skimmer head to a different point in the sequence to show it in the other monitor. You can't do this in FCPX, something Premiere also does better. (the Event Viewer that was finally added can only show clips in the Event window, so you can't color correct one clip in the storyline to another clip in the storyline after grading has been applied).

I can archive an entire project in Premiere by moving just a single folder instead of having to manually wrestle with projects in two different folds if I want to keep everything properly organized. Sure, I can have a RAID archive with "Final Cut Events" and Final Cut Projects", but then, what projects are in there? I'd have to open up the folders to see. Instead, with the way Premiere works, I can just have the folder properly named and save a list of all the root folders on the archive, thus knowing exactly where each project is, and only needing to copy ONE single folder back to a work drive if I have to redo it. Plus, that old project that was done in CS3? Yep, I can re-open that, no problem. Can't do that in FCPX.

[Lance Bachelder] "As far as your jazz analogy - I've played guitar since I was 10 and love all forms of music - not just jazz - so shut your Phrygian pie hole you elitist prick."

Sadly, this is pretty much the expected attitude from someone championing FCPX.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]